Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

200 Yard Coyote With Thermal

Old 02-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default 200 Yard Coyote With Thermal

This guy came in over the ridge directly behind him. He came in and stopped and smelled the ground quite a bit where the deer had been only a short while earlier. Just before the video starts, I got my caller turned on and it took about 5 seconds for him to register it and turn around to leave. I think he may have been hunted before. I was really hoping to draw him closer.

So he headed straight away but then decided to turn and look back and that it when I took the shot. It knocked him down and he spun and flopped, then stilled. Turned the video off and a few seconds later, he dashed down the side of the berm into the pond area (just to the right in the video. He made it to the neighbor's property where I did not have permission to go. The landowner and buzzards found him a couple days later.

Here is the brief video...
Old 02-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

How did you take the shot? Was it supported? If it was supported, how?

I'm impressed with that Grendel and your talent.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

That shot was with the rifle rested on a window sill of the stand. Off hand, 75 yards is about it for me, LOL, especially if I get excited and the heart starts pumping.

Thanks!