Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Daytime Hardwoods Red Fox

Old 01-01-2016, 03:14 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default Daytime Hardwoods Red Fox

The kids went to a movie with their Grandpa, my wife was at work so i stayed home and did work around the house. NO, I DIDN'T... I went hunting!!

I set up much differently than i normally do... this was to be a hard woods hunt. Actually, there was a little field in the woods so i set up the Fusion and jack junior decoy in the middle of the field and positioned myself 60 yards away.

After four minutes, a red fox appeared 10 yards to my right and sees me. It flees before I can get a shot.

Twenty minutes later another fox rips across the mini-field and grabs the topper to the decoy. The fox runs back into the security of the hard woods. I turn on platinum gray and the fox pops back out at the end of the field. The shot distance was 100 yards and it was a fun and easy shot compared to nighttime shooting!!!

The weather looks bad tonight so no hunting until tomorrow night!!

Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another one bites the dust---Congrats!
Old 01-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job!! I also like the reflective tape on the caller. My buddies give me crap about doing the same thing on my stuff. But when they are looking for their stuff and cant find it when the drop it and cant. I just laugh and tell them when they buy the new replacement item, get some tape and fix that. I even do it on my goose decoy stakes and bow release.