Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

IL Bobcat season

Old 07-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

You hand load don't you? Get you some of them 40gr V-Max for that .223, depending on your barrel length and twist, as well as your available powders, you could get that little demon cooking at around 3700-3800 fps and it does a serious amount of internal damage!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
You hand load don't you? Get you some of them 40gr V-Max for that .223, depending on your barrel length and twist, as well as your available powders, you could get that little demon cooking at around 3700-3800 fps and it does a serious amount of internal damage!
No I do not hand load. I worked for Winchester for years so Ive had my fill.

I don't really shoot my rifles enough to hand load them. Yotes are about the only thing I can really hunt with a HP rifle.

Most of my hunting is done with my bow,slug gun,22lr,and shotshells.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah, here ya go then http://www.hornady.com/store/223-Rem-40-gr-V-MAX/

Thems the ticket for some dead kitty! And I know for a fact that bullet is major yote medicine. Little pricey but once you are sighted in with them you wont be shooting them a hell of a lot as you said, can't use CF around here on much.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

VMax from Hornady are the way to go. I'm shooting woodchucks around our Fairgrounds here this summer with the 35 grainers in my 22 Hornet and they do a job on them. That's what I'm going to use on Pdogs out in Wyoming on shots under a couple hundred yards and I'm loading up 100 of their 58 grainers for my .243 Sako for the longer shots. I'm guessing the .243 will really do a number on them out quite a ways and I better not see any yotes while I have it out either!