Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone like Wicked Lights?

Old 01-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone like Wicked Lights?

I'm thinking about getting a light instead of nightvision scope due to costs and location of area I hunt. So I'm just seeing if anyone has these products and what they think about it. My brother has a hogzilla light that I do like and I can use it until I get something. Also does the adjustable mount for rifle scope any good and does it work with other lights?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Spike

I have a wicked and a VRL-1 by varmint lights. The Wicked is ok, but not even close to as good as my VRL. I only pull it out when I take multiple clients out on a night hunt. I use the rapid style scope mount on my set ups and I like it better than the permanent mount from wicked. As long as the light and scope have a 1" tube it will fit.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 AM
Typical Buck

Does the light fill the scope reticle when its mounted on top? It looks like a fairly low mount. I'm just worried about the light being too high and there not be enough light. That's why I'm trying to find a different mount. The offset mounts suck. That's my opinion.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Spike

Yeah it fills it, the beam on the light is pretty big so you have some wiggle room.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

I ended up getting the Wicked Light. 401zf in green. It just came today and tested it for a few outside. Range seems great up to 100 which is all I need. I'm sure when I look through scope I'm sure 150+ is achievable. I like the brightness and zoom settings. So when I'm in close the 2nd setting will be good to use. The 1st setting is way too low. But seems good so far. This weekend I'll be able to try it in the woods.