Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Party On!!!

Old 01-03-2015, 04:52 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default Party On!!!

Gang,

My Fusion had a problem, so I sent it in the shop the other day. With all the bad weather lately, it was no big deal. Last night, however, looked promising so I had to hunt. The problem was that my son had a hockey party that started at 6 PM. That wasn't going to stop me...

At 4:30 PM, I went to a local farm. I had a huge vista and at 4:20 PM, I saw a red fox crossing the snow covered field approximately 800 yards away. I watched it "mousing" in the field and wondered if the cottontail from the Shockwave was audible to the fox. Aided by the west wind, the fox did hear the sound and turned toward the call that I placed 100 yards downhill from me.

It was neat to watch the fox approach in the daylight. the fox crossed three fields and was now in "my" field. As soon as it saw the FoxJack decoy the fox sprinted to the call! I had to whistle to stop it and when it did I anchored it with a 100 yard shot. I stayed on stand for more takers but that was the end of the show!

THEN I WENT TO THE HOCKEY PARTY. It was a wild affair, but I stuck to my plans and enjoyed root beer and then switched to lemonade.

At 9:30 PM I left the party to hunt (My wife and son stayed). At 10:00 PM I pulled into a different field. This time, I chose the Fury to handle the calling duties. Within 3 seconds of Baby Cottontail, a pair of coyotes approached. The wind was wrong and they instantly vacated the scene. I scanned to the other side of the field and 2 more coyotes were approaching!! I knew they would wind me too, so I quickly found one in the scope and dropped it at over 200-250 yards! By the way, this was my first hunt with the Coyote Light and it is awesome. Those coyotes were lit up like it was daylight. It's a great light the hunter who wants a high quality light! I'm sold after one shot!!

10 PM

Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fun, Fun, Fun......................

Just missing a grey - Party on: as you suggest !!!

Congratulations !