Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Called in my first predators!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Called in my first predators!

Well yesterday was the first day actually trying out my FoxPro spitfire and my first time ever predator hunting. I had enough time to do two set ups during the evening. First set up I called in a bobcat and unfortunately missed with the shotgun. When I swung the shotgun over he was gone about the time I pulled the trigger. Next set up was over looking a clear cut and had a coyote come out at 5 minutes of shooting light left but I couldn't get him to stop in any place that wasn't grown up. All together it was a fun hour and a half and it all happened on public land!!! I am addicted now! I know it will not be like that every time but still it was AWESOME. I haven't had a hunt action packed like that since I ran around with my dad elk hunting when I was in 5th grade. Something different than sitting in the deer stand just waiting on a deer. Also I hit the coyote locater right after shooting light and I could hear coyotes go off everywhere!!! Now I just bought the mojo critter to add to my set up. Can't wait to try that out to!
Old 12-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you had some fun.......................

Don't go educating too many of them without killin' em - LOL

You're hooked now !!!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:04 AM
Banned

congrats . now get back out there and git-r-dun
Old 12-29-2014, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

That's good stuff you never know when they are gonna come running after the call