Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Grendel/Zeus Coyote Thermal Video

Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Grendel/Zeus Coyote Thermal Video

http://youtu.be/llU5-7Sykh8

Went out hog and predator hunting in high winds last night and saw virtually nothing until the winds calmed down to a pleasant 3-9 mph from 30-35 mph. Then the deer and 'dillos came out and eventually this coyote appeared. He was tracking from right to left like he had somewhere to be. So I squealed at him a couple of times to try to get him to stop while I got the rifle up and the scope and recorder up and running. Instead of stopping, he turned and came bounding toward me! I tried blowing the squeal a couple of more times, thinking he might stop and try to figure out where the sound was coming from, but it just motivated him to come faster.

I didn't get the shot on the first pass, but spied him circling around and getting back on his original course. So when I got back on the rifle again and was ready, I squealed two more times and that finally did stop him and I made the shot. The 6.5 Hornady SST hit behind the left shoulder and exited behind the right shoulder with about a quarter-sized hole, apparently hitting major blood vessels and lung(s). The shot was 114 yards.

I stayed for a couple of more hours, but the hogs never showed.

The 123 gr. Hornady SST entered behind the left shoulder and exited behind the right shoulder with about a quarter-sized hole. Along the way, the bullet caught a major blood vessel(s?) and lung(s).

Sorry I messed up on getting the sound of the calls and rifle report. I changed to a new recorder and failed to activate the internal mic. That is now fixed...for the next hunt...

Old 11-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot and dog.

Love the Grendel's