Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

snake hunters

Old 10-09-2003, 07:12 PM

Default snake hunters

I' m was just wondering if there were any snake hunters out there.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: snake hunters

Well i never went out and actually looked for a snake to kill but i have killed a rattler when i went out dove hunting several years ago. Snakes are actually hard to find out here come to think of it.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:35 AM

when I was doing Taxidermity work,I would go out and hunt rattlers.They were money makers.(easy to mount and easy to sell).
since then,I have not hunted them.I do kill them when I see them , get the skins for belts and hat bands.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the right areas of Montana, I have been known to take a rattler or two.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:54 PM

yeah, years ago I hunted racers with my BB gun, and ive shot a few moccasins but I rarely LOOK for them

-hotgunner
Old 10-16-2003, 01:20 AM

It was one of my favorite summer passtimes twenty years ago. I live in a large rice farming area, and used to hunt cottonmouths and copperheads around rice ditches. Arkansas Game & Fish has since made it illegal to shoot snakes & turtles.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:01 PM

I have a 5' 7" hanging on my wall about oh......., maybe 3 feet away. We didn' t go hunting for it though, it was there so it got a machete right through its neck, good for a mount.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve done some hunting for rattlesnakes in the past. When my buddy first bought his hunting camp the area right around the cabin was infested with them. We took 15 of them and passed them onto a lady at our church who makes rattlesnake soup. Very tasty I might add.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:15 AM

I hunt them down for a living.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:19 AM

This thread reminds me of something that happened to me when i was 12, i was sitting on a dock off of a creek and this guy pulls in this big big turtle, it was a snapper and it got loose on the dock and was snapping at him and he pulls out this .45 and blows it's head off and then hangs it from it's foot off the dock to drain the blood, and then says he'll make turtle stew.

Quick Reply: snake hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.