Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Son had a busy week

Old 01-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Son had a busy week

1st year of running his own trap line, he cought his 1st coyote Christmas eve and other the week before he cought the cat and fox.
Attached Thumbnails Son had a busy week-1st-bobcat.jpg   Son had a busy week-1st-red-fox.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Good looking animals. Kudos!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Tell your son hes probably hooked for life.HE seems to be doing great!I started when i was 8 im 66 now and every trap check day is still like christmas morning!! Is he putting up his own fur or selling on the carcass?A good cat in my area runs 400to800 dollars depending on the belly width and the spots.Of corse every body is trying to trap them or steal them from you.Remember the best teachers are the animals themselves. but it doesnt hurt to have an old trapper around to pick their brain .good luck!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

It warms my heart to see the younger generation carrying on a great American tradition.

I had a trap line as a kid myself and it a wonderful experience I will always cherrish !

Keep our heritage alive - congratulations, great job !!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Deepcreek you are right, he is hooked for life. He is putting up his furs. Any more I just go with him and as you said I let the critters teach him. Every now and then he ask a question, it is a joy watching him figure things out and the work he puts into it.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

Beautiful critters and great job for passing on the tradition! Less and less kids are hunting these days. BB