Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
More coyote activity after first kill? >

More coyote activity after first kill?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

More coyote activity after first kill?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default More coyote activity after first kill?

I got my first coyote last Wednesday there were lots of tracks in the area but the guy living on the property said he's never seen or heard any. Now after the one I got he said he has heard a pack back there. Is that normal behavior?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

They just may be closer or more vocal from 1 night to the next,most People don't even realize there are that many Coyotes running together and usually they will howl and bark in the late evening or after dark to find each other and group up again after a long day of running around or splitting up looking for food or even after bedding down away from each other.

Some times they will be further away from where they grouped up one night then You may hear them several nights in a row at the same spot if they haven't been shot at or messed with?It should be breeding time for the Coyotes also so the Females and Males might be more vocal now also!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Spike

Hmm sounds like its time to get back in the woods
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've taken several Coyotes off the same Home Farm,still got lots of trail camera pic's of them running at night so they're still out there just have to be at the right place at the right time and out Fox those Predators!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Spike

i shot my first yote this tues and we hunted the same blind tonight and called in 3