Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

first coyote

Old 01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
Congratulations Lonewolf...what Caliber Rifle were You using?
i was using a 17hmr i know alot of people say it to small for yotes but with a 20g bullet and shots at real close range it works great. my buddy also had a 223 so if we needed to take longer shots.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job. I want to try predator hunting, i've never done it before. I've been watching it on tv and I have the itch. I just bought a call and I'm hoping for a bobcat before the season ends.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

With good shot placement a fast light-weight bullet will put down a Coyote just as good and do less damage to the hide/fur!

I'm using a CZ "Varmint" in the .204 with 39 grain Sierra Blitz Kings and a Savage Axis XP Camo Rifle in the .223 using 55 grain Hornady V-max bullets and they both do a great job....I was thinking about going with another CZ in the .22 Hornet or the new .17 Hornet caliber?

Keep after those Coyotes Lonewolf...!

Centaur 1,if You get into Predator Hunting You will love it,lots of fun calling in Predators and it helps with the other smaller Wildlife and gives them a better chance to survive!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 01-19-2013 at 06:22 AM.