Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Here we go !

Old 01-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here we go !

6:00am I jumped out of bed, showered and headed up to some places I hunt turkeys that is about 15 - 20 minutes away. This one place the land owner told Stitcher 1 and I to kill all the coyotes we can, so as I'm riding solo I hit the place right before/at light and got setup. Set the fury out about 40 yards and up wind to the right and I settled back against the large rock on the pile to the left of the big tree.

The wind is blowing cold and hard to my right side of my face as I watched the tree line back behind, I started with a snowshoe distress on Vol. 20 for 2 minutes. I stopped it and waited for 5 minutes in silents and then turned on the Jack rabbit distress allowing it to run on Vol. 20 for about a minute and then raised the vol. to 38 and allowed it to run for about 30 seconds and then lowered it back to Vol. 20 again for about 10 seconds and Pause. I waited for another 5 minutes and switched back to the snowshoe distress vol 20 for 30 - 40 seconds and then fast switched it to Crow party for about 40-60 seconds and pause.
As I sat looking over the fence lines , out of the fence line straight in front of the caller, after he crossed an old unmaintained side road the dog ran in from down wind and kept left of the mojo critter and caller and circled coming straight at me fast and looking at the units. I lost my mouth call someplace so I had to Wolf-wolf at him to get him to stop but I guess he didn't hear me being up wind of him but the Atec on the 270 wsm lined up well on his chest and down he went at 40 yards from the caller.
You can see the yote down on the left and the caller on the right.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

nice yote! that's a big one. Looks like a great place to hunt.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that yote is primed out !

Not like these "rag-a-muffins" I shoot here in SoCal.

Although, still fun !!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Nice yote!!! Shootm all
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gunfire,blood and fur.Breakfast of champions.Congrats!