Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bold Badger Surprise!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bold Badger Surprise!

Came across a big badger this evening leaving the deer stand, he rushed out of a culvert about 10ft away from us and was pretty certain I needed to clear off HIS property. 150grn CT Ballistic Silvertips from a .30-06 might be overkill at 10ft, but they worked!

He might not be the biggest badger I've ever taken, but he's in the top 5 for sure, and it's been 4 or 5 years since I've had one anywhere near this big. Really wish I'd have had a .22lr with me, but the wound is through the neck, so hopefully I don't get docked too badly (exit wound about the size of a tennis ball).

Last edited by Nomercy448; 01-02-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pound for pound one of the toughest animals in North America.

With those claws (and teeth to match) you can understand why !!!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We could definitely tell this old boy had been through some scrapes. They're hard to make out in the pic, but he had several scars on his face and muzzle, and his right ear was split from somebody biting down and pulling away (got a kennel full of coonhounds with the same badges of honor).

He dang sure knew he was a force to be reckoned with, he rushed out at me and the wife at a dead sprint, snarling like crazy. Usually we walk closer down the ditch bottom, but luckily we were being lazy and had a little more space between us and him, otherwise he'd have had me by the leg before I even knew he was there!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

He lives (lived) every day of his life by the motto; No Mercy ! LOL !!!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

That looks like a digging machine. I have seen a couple while bowhunting but never given a shot at them.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I'm after one of those also. Nice job