Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

that darn cat...

Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Spike

Default that darn cat...

Just plinked a fat dove off the powerline with my pellet gun, not knowing my housecat was lying in wait.....needless to say; the bounty is now hers...
Old 10-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Typical Buck

my uncle's cat does the same thing. She is his personal squirrel-cat. Too bad she doesn't retrieve them
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Had a feral house cat living under my back deck when I lived in Florida - and it was right there in a flash when I would pop a Starling or Gray squirrel with the pellet gun.It did ok till eventually the Coyotes got it. They cleaned out all the feral cats in the neighborhood in just a few weeks.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Spike

feral cats kill more small game then we could ever hope to. should be eliminating them to.
just my opinion not trying to start anything.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NEK
Had a feral house cat living under my back deck when I lived in Florida - and it was right there in a flash when I would pop a Starling or Gray squirrel with the pellet gun.It did ok till eventually the Coyotes got it. They cleaned out all the feral cats in the neighborhood in just a few weeks.
Now you have to get the coyotes!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Bullets
Now you have to get the coyotes!
I no longer live in Florida - so those Coyotes are safe from me at least.
One afternoon when I still lived in Fla. - I was burning a huge brush pile in my backyard and the smoke was blowing right into the thick brush back of the open yard and man - there were some yotes in there - just out of sight and they were really yammering and howling - I guess they didn't like all that smoke - never did see one of them that day.