Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

shot my first crow a few days ago...

Old 07-25-2003, 10:31 AM

Default shot my first crow a few days ago...

...with my 77/22 mag. I used to try to sneak around the house and shoot them but they are smart. This time i got smarter poked the barrel out of the bathroom windown upstairs and shot down the hill. Needless to say i dropped him pretty good. only one downside, my i forgot to tell my dad i was gonna let one rip and he was taking a nap Anyhow, how can i attract more crows to the field in back? decoys? bait? thanks for your help

p.s. all my friends live in developements and such, and find it hysterical that i can open my bathroom window and shoot a gun from it.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: shot my first crow a few days ago...

Congrats!!!

It' s a long time tradition to cook and eat your first crow. Clean it like you would a dove or quail, have your mom cook it like a chicken. Let us know how it turned out.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:47 PM

THAT WAS FUNNY tasted like my first carp that i shot with my bow . It was not my first crow, just the first for that gun.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

if you want to attract them, maybe get a sack of feed corn from a farm supply place and spread it around places where they naturally congregate. around here it' s $5 for a 50lb bag. i have a deer feeder, the timer kind that hangs in a tree. the crows are always out there in the morning waiting for the free kernels.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:12 PM

Default Congrats on the crow

adkfreeridex;
I' m sure it was a 350yrd shot...LOL. Just kidding. But you can decoy them in, call them in. It' s a ball hunting them. You need to be camoed up just like any other predator or varmit hunt. Mouth calls work as do electornic' s. Which in my opinion are the best.

You start off with a crow and owl fight, or crow and hawk fight. And they will come in fast and ready to fight. Then switch over to fighting crows with a death cry, and they will come flying right back at you. Then switch over to a death cry of a crow and start shooting again. It' ll be a lot of shooting in a short time. Move a few miles from where you were, and start all over again. Bring a lot of shells, a few bottles of water or soda, some sandwich' s and make a day of it.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:47 PM

nah it wa only a 65 yard shot. thanks for the tips