Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Pellet guns

Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Spike

Default Pellet guns

Hey does anybody have a pellet gun? If so do you use it to hunt squirrels or birds?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I've got 4. when I was a teenager I use to kill birds all the time with em. I only shot at one squarel with it and I missed and shot the tip of it's tail off lol so I put the pellet gun up and got out the 22 then had no misses. Also use to terroise cats with a bbgun. But I haven't shot a pellet or bb in a year or more.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have a gamo and like it.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Spike

i have a grizzly and i shoot both squirrels and birds, oh and i also shoot at chipmunks, minks, and rabbits!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

crows rabbits squirrls put a good shot on um and ur all set i have the remington vantage 1200
Old 01-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by monkeyman2269
crows rabbits squirrls put a good shot on um and ur all set i have the remington vantage 1200
so do i. what pellets do you use and what kind of groups do you get? im getting ok groups but nothing special. thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Spike

I have a gamo and I use it for rabbits around the house and Used it squirrel hunitng once just so my dad and I were even with our firearms. He has no chance when I use my 17hmr.

nice thing about them is they are very quiet when hunting squirrels but you have to make sure you hit them in the head. Those tough little buggers can run for a while with a double lung shot.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Spike

I have a gamo varmit hunter. It works pretty good on squrrels and birds. Crows and rabbits require head shots. I've never not shot a rabit in the head but my buddy shot a crow in the chest and it didn't die after like 5 shots and it got away. Squrrels will die with a lung shot but a head or neck shot are better. I use destroyer pellets wich leave a good sized exit hole.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
NEK
Fork Horn

Default pellet guns

I have a Air Arms S410 - .22 cal. A pre - charged pneumatic. It shoots one ragged hole at 30 yds,and kills stone dead out to 50 yds. no problem. It hits harder than any air gun I have ever shot. It kills coons- possums-crows-partridge- rabbits- squirrels, and is accurate enough to do all head shots if you do your part. I do have a good scope on it and that helps a bunch. It is an amazing gun. I guess you can tell - I love that gun. It's also the purtiest gun I own.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

i forget the new pelletts they have like a bb in the end i get good groups out to about 70yards