Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Results From This Weekend(Photos)

Old 01-27-2002, 06:22 PM

Default Results From This Weekend(Photos)

I went out calling again this weekend. We got some fresh snow Friday night and the temps have dropped quite a bit(-20 to -25 celcius). First thing Saturday morning I set up overlooking a large flat with lots of bush and poplar bluffs. I called and nothing came so I got up. When I turned around there was a coyote sitting about 150 yards behind me watching. It must have come in from downwind and stopped when it winded me. I dropped to my belly and extended the bipod and let of a hurried shot. I missed. I guess I should have taken my time. I called a couple more times but got nothing. I went to a different area and set up. A few minutes into the stand a coyote came in fast from left to right. It saw me get my gun up and kept on going. I hit it at about 50 yards as it was loping by. When I fired another one which I hadn't seen came out of the draw a few hundred yards in front of me but was just to far for a shot. Another 30 seconds and it would have been in range as well. I had a couple more dry satnds before I had to get home. Today I went out again. My dad had been telling me that he had been seeing a couple coyotes near the cattle when he was feeding them in the mornings. First thing this morning before dad went out to feed I set up just north west of our farm. A couple of minutes into the stand a big male came in from just north of our heifer pens. I dropped him at about 75 yards. The rest of the day was pretty unproductive. I spooked a couple going into stands and missed one long shot at one that sat down quite aways out and wouldn't come any further.

Saturdays Coyote

Sundays Coyote

Cam's Hunting Page

Old 01-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Results From This Weekend(Photos)

If we all had weekends like your last one Saskman, people would think that calling was too easy.I didn't get out calling any this weekend, to warm, 60's, and too windy.I took off half day of work last Wes., just had a storm move through that dropped some snow, and called in three, dropped two of them.Another storm coming the middle of this week, might have to play hooky again.Like the pictures, I will be getting some on real soon, will be action photes, as I have my camara mounted on my rifle, but 'til then, just tell storys.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Saskman, you're my hero!
-Brian
Old 01-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously Sask, you are one yote slaying foo! Yall have coyotes up the wazoo up there in Saskatchewan.
Old 01-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Spike

great job, nice yote
Old 01-27-2002, 09:02 PM

Congrats...again. I want to come up and hunt with you some time. That is, when the weather gets warmer!

Rob
Old 01-28-2002, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

nice yotes
Old 01-28-2002, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the coyotes ,sounds like a good weekend .I had to work this weekend and no playing .
Old 01-28-2002, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

VERY NICE LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY
Old 01-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the coyotes!
Visit My Hunting Page

Quick Reply: Results From This Weekend(Photos)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.