Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Anyone coyote hunting in Southeast Virginia? >

Anyone coyote hunting in Southeast Virginia?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone coyote hunting in Southeast Virginia?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone coyote hunting in Southeast Virginia?

We are killing about 5 to 7 coyotes each deer season and this year were killed a few but saw much more then years past. I am going to try for them now that deer season is over with but am new to it. I did go get a call and have watched a few videos but still could use any advice ya'll have. My son will be using a 17 HMR and will have a shotgun. We are only allowed to use rimfire smaller then a .22.

Last edited by Allen Denton; 01-04-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Are you sure no center fire for varmints? I have a .17HMR too but would not want to take anything much more than a 100 yard neck or head shot with it. My son and I are also trying out coyotes for the first time this year. They are still kind of thin around here at least where we hunt. I don't know where you hunt, but I still have my VA Game laws book.