Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37 >

1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37

Old 01-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37

1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37-011.jpg

1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37-004.jpg

1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37-007.jpg

I bought this old(1957') Ithaca 12 ga last spring and I refinished the stock myself. It was too old to use steel shot so I never took it duck hunting, BUT I decided to take it rabbit hunting last weekend, walked all up and down the power lines, but couldnt find a rabbit, so I put the hurt on these 2 tree rats, good times! The gun is so nice and light to carry around, I love it! thought Id share some pics from the hunt.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Spike

Gotta love a good Ithica, I bought my first 37 40 years ago and still have it. It has gone from a modified choke to an improved cylinder from being shot so much. I did buy a new one about 8 years ago, I had to order it direct from the factory and they shipped it to a local dealer, but I am a long way from wearing it out LOL
Looks like you did a nice job restoring yours.
Ron
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love me a nice Ithaca. Congrats she looks good!
If I'm not mistaken Les Hovencamp (gunsmith for Ithaca for many many years) has stated that all Ithaca 37's regardless of age are capable of shooting steel shot as long as its choked appropriately.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Spike

If I'm not mistaken Les Hovencamp (gunsmith for Ithaca for many many years) has stated that all Ithaca 37's regardless of age are capable of shooting steel shot as long as its choked appropriately.
I know I shot everything but nails through mine LOL
Ron
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Spike

I got both of these grouse last year with my old Ithaca 20 gauge. I bought a new Browning Maxus but still use the Ithaca for grouse. It's so light to carry and shoulders so nice. My father gave me it along with a Savage 22/.410 over under, both of which I started shooting when I was around eight years old.
Attached Thumbnails 1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37-grouse_002.jpg   1st hunt with the 54 year old Ithaca37-grouse_003.jpg  
Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ewags66
I got both of these grouse last year with my old Ithaca 20 gauge. I bought a new Browning Maxus but still use the Ithaca for grouse. It's so light to carry and shoulders so nice. My father gave me it along with a Savage 22/.410 over under, both of which I started shooting when I was around eight years old.
Cool, The maxus is a great gun, I just picked up a Browning silver, to use on ducks a few months ago , I love it!