Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Foxes Foxes and More Foxes.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Foxes Foxes and More Foxes.

Had a pretty dang good night Friday into Saturday, started about midnight, moved into 4am. Did about 15 calls Killed 3 of the 4 we called in, the one I missed, I took a pop shot where I thought it would be running away, we called and called and didn't get anything to come in but when we were walking out I peeked over into this thicket where we couldn't see and there was one laying, I had to sit the call down and pull up by then he was anxious and by the time I was shouldered he was running, so I figured what the heck, cant kill them if I don't shoot at them so I took a crack, nothing, no blood no fur no nothing, I guessed wrong to say the least Anyhow, later in the night, we got my friend his first one, and boy was he ever excited, I kept setting up so that it would favor him, the direction I figured the foxes were going to come I'd stand him facing that direction, well We went to a spot we never called before, and there was a fence in it that they couldn't jump they'd have to go around to get to us, so I set up facing that way and had collin setup facing the direction that was thick with no fence, and looking down the path, well a few minutes into the call sure enough I spot a set of eyes, I gave him the nudge, the fox wasn't running in, it was stopped looking for the source of the noise, he spun and pulled up, I whispered to him take your time, Light him up, he kicked his light on and I covered my ear, about 2 seconds later we had a fox taking a dirt nap. It was pretty funny Collin hadn't ever shot a 3.5" mag before, I think it took him by surprise to say the least. He was all excited and happy and I was definitely excited for him more excited than what I was for any fox I've killed in years. He was pumped and that just made the entire night worth while. The rest of the night we didn't have anything come in on his side or slow enough I could have him turn and shoot them, they all ran in and had no intentions of stopping.

Anyhow, here's the pictures.

Ryan.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you guys had a hell of a lot of fun !

Congratulations..................Good going !
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

were you fellers using red lights? and if you dont mind me asking what kind of calls do you use. i am assuming something small like mice?