Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Saturday Night Special

Old 10-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Saturday Night Special

Saturday was the first day of Fox season, and Saturday night also got me my First fox of the season, I had some serious problems because the light that I use was broken, so I had to use the rifle, They were just coming in too hot and too close, They were full tilt running and refused to stop. One setup i was laying on the gravel of some railroad tracks and my friend was on the other side of the dirt "road" and he had the caller Well we called one, in and it was coming and I pulled the gun up kicked the light on its running in and I realize, man this thing looks huge in the scope, I kept waiting for it to slow down, so I lifted my head off the gun and realized he was 10 yards, so I barked to get him to stop, this is the first time I've ever had the bark not stop one, so I barked, and I think it scared him seeing as how he was coming to the call and didn't have a clue I even Existed, well he kicked it into over drive and ran in front of me I took a crack at him at 4 yards but didn't connect and we were sitting there and kept the call running, and about 20 seconds later, a second one starts trotting down the path, well I pulled up and he wouldn't stop either, so I took a crack at him, to no avail. If I'd have had my shot gun, I'd have 4 dead foxes. Instead I got the only one that stood still for a half second. My friends Safety got stuck on his shotgun so he couldn't take care of the job we're still not sure what the heck happened to it, but I know one thing, its hard to get on them suckers when they're running through brush. all I can say is, I tried. Oh well, Live and learn, we put on one heck of an educational clinic for them that's for dang sure.

Ryan.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Spike

that's awesome, man do you skin em and keep the pelts, or just hunt em to rid your area of predators?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both. But we usually sell them at the fur sale every year. Its just awesome to do.

Ryan.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Spike

i'm wanting to get into critter hunting when i get back to the states. squirrels and rabbits for the meat, and yotes and foxes just to get rid of em. i reckon it might be cool to keep the pelts, too:0)
Old 10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Great looking gray fox!!! Those are rare for me!!