Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Any one hunt squirrels with air rifles. >

Any one hunt squirrels with air rifles.

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Any one hunt squirrels with air rifles.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any one hunt squirrels with air rifles.

I love it, i always seem to do better with the benjamin 392 than a .22 or shotgun. I also have benjamin discovery i use alot. They seem to recover from the sound of the shot sooner, therefore i get more of them.
Attached Thumbnails Any one hunt squirrels with air rifles.-pic.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think your allowed to use air rifles for hunting down here in FL though as a kid I took quite a few with my pellet gun.

Are the squirlls ok to eat this time of year??? We usualy wait till atleast november to eat em so their arn't any nastys still lingering from the summer.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife shoots them all the time off the bird feeders. Kitchen window sniper that she is. These are semi-city squirrels and feed the cats and foxes in the 'hood.
She uses a Gamo Hunter 220 and with a decent headshot she can take them right out to about 50 feet or more. The trick is in the headshot...........
Old 09-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Spike

So question....

I am a bowhunter. Now if I want to use an air rifle to take squirrels, do I need to have the Gun Safety course under my belt too?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Spike

Air rifles are all I ever use for squirrels...for one thing, they're relatively quiet.
And secondly, they're reasonably priced. Hell, in high school I used to use a Crosman 760 pumpmaster...that thing's a $30 piece of plastic, more of a toy than a gun. But it killed squirrels and was broke-highschooler-friendly.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have killed more squrriles with a airgun than any other weapon.
It's a ton of fun!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

The sheridan is the way to go. Is it the 20 cal? I have killed an insane amount of squirrels with them and have went through two of the guns in my life. I prefer them to a 22 especially in areas where gunfire may be illegal or dangerous due to high population. BB