Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

.243 Vmax

Old 08-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Spike

Default .243 Vmax

I just picked up some Hornady 58gr. Vmax's (moly coated) for my Model 700 .243. Shot them yesterday at a target, didnt even have to move my scope because my first two shots at 80 yards were good, one in quarter sized bullseye and the other half inch to the left. Also shot 2 shots at 160 yards and they were about an inch and half apart so they are shooting good but have not been able to find much on how they do on varmints (groundhogs, coyotes). This evening ill try and find out for myself but if you have used these in .243 let me know what you think of them. Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Check out Preadator Quest on the Hunting Channel or Sportsman Channel. That is what I think Les Johnson uses in his .243.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

That is what I use and itworks great. The two I shot last spring never moved from the spot they were hit.