Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

RE: Hevi-shot woes... an update

Old 07-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hevi-shot woes... an update

I posted a while back about my friend's disappointment in the Hevi- T's with the Dead Coyote choke out of his SuperNova. Well, since then he has ditched the DC choke and bought a Kicks Howler. Very impressive! I wont post his pics because I didn't ask his permission, but he made some life-sized coyote cutouts from cardboard and at 50 yards he was consistently getting between 15 and 20 hits in a 10" circle centered on the shoulder.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

wewve dropped them 80yrds out with DC with 3 1/2inch shells think my buddies got them alil farther and a yote 50yrds running aint got a chance with it we love it we hunt them with dogs so they are always running
Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

man tuvw i dont know what your smokeing that was just plain jibberish...dude word of advise put the pipe down ,,,lol ,,oh i see now its a game your trying to talk about,,,what does this have to do with this guys thread,,,wake up and smell the coffee

Last edited by vermont bowhunter; 07-31-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it all depends on what the gun likes. I have had very good results with the DC choke and the 3.5 dead coyote shells. I patterned my mossberg 835 and had something like 26 hits in a 12 inch circle and 10 hits in the center 6 inch circle at 50 yards.