Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New Rifle!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Rifle!

i just bought this rossi .223 at a gun show for $140. I bought the scope for $80 and ill put it on the rifle once the scope bases i ordered come in. this is my first rifle and i bought it because i was tired of the short range of a shotgun for coyote hunting. the gun seems to be brand new and the open sights are good at 100 yards. i plan to buy a bipod soon and take it on a hunt
Attached Thumbnails New Rifle!-getattachment.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

You took my gun! Just kidding. I've been looking for a deal like that for a good while now. I've never owned a centerfire so I'm stuck either using my shotgun or borrowing a rifle from my coyote hunting buddy. He's more than happy to share and has awesome guns, but I want one to call mine. I don't feel nearly as bad banging up my own gun as I do his. I'd love to get a rifle for coyote hunting, but I just don't have the $ to go out and buy a gun that I'd only use a couple times a year. I already spend too much money on deer and turkey seasons, just ask my wife! If I can find a decent-shooting rifle for that price I'm going to snatch it up. Good luck and have fun-

rw
Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

nice perfect first gun at a great deal
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good choice going with the .223.That will reach out and touch'm a lot farther than the shotgun !