Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Where to hunt?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Look online for "Illinois public hunting" and you should find the DNR website. There is state owned land that the public can use for recreation (camp, hunt, fish, hike, etc).
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Spike

So anywhere I could hunt I could hunt for small game
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Spike

That really depends on site specific regs. FYI, pellet guns are not specifically allowed for anything except blackbirds and crows causing property damage; I'd call the DNR @ (217) 782-6431 before you spend your money
Old 07-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

Understanding that you want to start out small you might also consider taking on the RESPONSIBILITY of obtaining a rimfire rifle.You should be able to get one with the amount of $ that you mentioned and ammo is fairly cheap.The choice is yours(and your fathers) but when you think about the ethical killing power a .22 caliber would be small,easy to shoot, and a little more powerful.This could also lead to hunting slightly larger animals ie. woodchucks,fox,crows.These animals could be taken with a high power air rifle as well, but making clean kills is important too! I wish you the best of luck!!!SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY! Welcome to our great sport and cherish it.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Spike

where are you located exactly? im in bradley il, tons of places to hunt. if you are an hour south you cant be to far from me
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

i agree with predate a good little 22 is great for small game and you can get one with out breaking the bank. i have a little rossi single shot 22 i got used for like 130