Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

trapping with sardines?

Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default trapping with sardines?

i am heading to SC for the weekend. i have been trapping coons on creek banks with the hole in the bank trick. i was wondering if i did this setup back in the sticks if i could catch a coyote or a fox off of them? or should i use something like a grey squirrel for a atractant?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Spike

You won't catch too many fox or coyote with this type of set but you could try it anyways. Probably use squirrel but you can put sardines in another set to see what works best.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

i also thought about hanging a squirrel about 5 ft off the ground and splitting its stomach open. setting a couple number 2's underneath. does that sound ok? im very new to this.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Spike

I'm kinda new too. it should be ok but i would just stake the squirrel on the ground and surround it with traps.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

i think its best to have it hanging. That way they have to jump for and it you are much more likely to catch one.
Good luck.