HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   where are the crow hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/316060-where-crow-hunters.html)

country_guy9734 01-28-2010 03:20 AM

where are the crow hunters?

anybody on here crow hunt? and how big do yall get into it? i started around 8 years ago with my uncle and have had allot of fun with it. we started with mouth calls and had good luck. in the last few years we switched to electronic calls and decoys and started really wearing them out.i have noticed they can get perty smart after they have been called a few times. i would like to see some pics if yall have any?:happy0001:

13pointjomc 01-28-2010 06:33 PM

During the summer i kill 4 or 5.

Chester Co. Deer Hunter 01-30-2010 11:30 AM

Crowbuster

You may want to put a post like this on crowbuster.com.

ilyotehunter 01-30-2010 07:27 PM

i hunt crows. i have 2 dozen decoys and use my fox pro call combined with mouth calls. i have some pics il try and dig up later.

gyro288 01-30-2010 10:30 PM

we drop alot of crows in missouri
i have also noticed that it does not take long for them to figure out what your up to so we like to mix up the calls.
Redtail hawk, baby rabbit, owl hoot, crow death cry and gathering.We'll use around two dozen decoys,sometimes toss an owl decoy in the mix. The electronic calls are nice. you dont have to stop calling when you shoot and you dont have to blow a call all day.

BTBowhunter 01-31-2010 05:23 PM

Have hunted crows off and on over the years but finally broke down and bought a Foxpro call and have been having a ball with em the few times we've gotten out this winter. We'll be out after em again next week.

Stop over at crowbusters.com for lots of good info!

reggi 02-01-2010 01:19 AM

Just out of curiosity... I wonder what was this big-game hunter's plan was for picking up the dead crows? I mean, not like they would form a line and fall dead on behind the other in an orderly fashion.

I ask, because while working at a hospital here in ***an, a man brought a dead crow and asked the E.R. staff to do an autopsy on the bird to see why there were many others outside near the roadside.

Believe it or not, we had to keep it in a freezer until the proper authorities were able to respond. But, in the meantime we had to gather the rotting carcases.

I would be one angry neighbor if I had to pick up dead birds this idiot actually did kill

country_guy9734 02-01-2010 05:45 AM

haha, i have never used that many decoys before. only around 6. do they seem to come in a little closer when you use 2 doz.?