Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Daytime Bats

Old 01-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Daytime Bats

I didn't know where else to post it so I thought this would be as good as any. Does anybody on here crow hunt? If so what are some things you've learned that work and what times are they most active. Around here they seem to be up early and in early. Wayyyy before dark. So........
BigBuck95
Old 01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use an electronic caller. The crow owl fight and the death cry of a crow mixed with hawk cries will bring them in like bats out of you know where. Add a few decoys and set up in a flyway and you're in business. They have very good eyesight so use a good shooting blind or camo to the surrounding area. That's about all I know.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Finally got 'un this weekend. We set up a blind in the middle of a corn field (chopped) and set decoys all around us and started the caller. Should of had more, but we all know how that goes =D
Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Question

I've toyed with the idea of crow hunting, but I have no clue what to do with them if I get one. Are they strictly varmint target practice, or does somebody out there actually eat those minibuzzards?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats exactly my problem Kevin.... Though ive toyed with the idea to keep me fresh for duck season
Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
I've toyed with the idea of crow hunting, but I have no clue what to do with them if I get one. Are they strictly varmint target practice, or does somebody out there actually eat those minibuzzards?
Oh yeah, they do. . . . .
http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm
BigBuck95
Old 01-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Question

Ok, color me intrigued. What meat does crow most closely resemble flavor wise? I'm guessing dove or quail.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I crow hunted I would walk outside and take my pick from about 100,000 or so . The city I live in has become the roosting location for every crow in NY for some reason lol. They are the talk around here every winter. Hundreds of thousands of critters all over the place. They've been trying to use scare tactics for years to run them off, but they seem to like this little place. Anyway... anyone want to kill some crows come to my town. There's an annual 2 day crow shoot too. I hunted in it a couple times. Pretty cool. The winner wins like $1,000 or something. And you get to get in the face of a lot of anti hunter protesters that are against the bird hunt. The winner last year shot 112 birds in 2 days.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Cool

Originally Posted by NY Bowhunter
If I crow hunted I would walk outside and take my pick from about 100,000 or so . The city I live in has become the roosting location for every crow in NY for some reason lol. They are the talk around here every winter. Hundreds of thousands of critters all over the place. They've been trying to use scare tactics for years to run them off, but they seem to like this little place. Anyway... anyone want to kill some crows come to my town. There's an annual 2 day crow shoot too. I hunted in it a couple times. Pretty cool. The winner wins like $1,000 or something. And you get to get in the face of a lot of anti hunter protesters that are against the bird hunt. The winner last year shot 112 birds in 2 days.
PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THIS TOWN!!!!
Sounds like you need to shoot 112 or so
BigBuck95