Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Best Time

Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best Time

What is the best time of day and best places to hunt for coyotes? I am in North Carolina and will be hunting public/WMA lands.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Think about it.............................

All the other yotes have scored and curled up in bed with a full belly for the day.

The coyote that has a empty stomach at sunrise still wanting to check things out before giving up.

7:30am - 9:30am call softly, remain motionless, but be ready for them to come in from down wind.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

you can call and find them 24hrs a day 8 days a week. just a matter of the type of calling you use along with the time of the day. i like to let the animal distress do the job if it's early morning or just before sunset. sheridan was right about the wary "slackers" looking for a meal at sunrise and sunset and animal distress will call them in best IMO. for mid afternoon, they'll be bedding down and sleeping. perfect time to piss one off with a couple howls and challenge barks. if the coyote has a full stomach and is all nuzzled in it's chosen bedding spot, they'll be pissed to hear another stranger coyote walking around in their territory. just don't overdo either calling. keep it fairly simple. for night hunting, i like to stick with quiet distress calling first. if you don't see or hear anything after maybe 20-30mins, try a howler for a few and see if anything answers back. home this was helpful.