Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Beaver Problem

Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Beaver Problem

Im looking at a hunting lease and the land owner is over run with beaver. Some are upwards of 75 lbs. He shot six in one week and now they are real skidish. He said he wouldn't doubt it if there were over 50 beavers in his two lakes. He sat for an hour the other night and saw 7 of them, there are dams everywhere and they are flooding good crop land. He is looking for help getting rid of them.

What would be the best way to get rid of some of these things?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

You need to snare them. That is the best method I found. I did it professionally for 10 years. Being you are in Jasper I'm only up in Greenwood. If you need some help let me know. I can help you setup the snares show you where and how to do it. I was a trapping instructor for 3 years.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm speechless...........last time I had a beaver problem, I bought 'em a round.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

i agree trapping them. if you arnt familiar with snares conibear 330s will work to.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

If its legal were you are you can break the dam and set traps around it they hate the sound of running water and they will try to rebuild overnite