Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coons?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

in wi before the season started i heard .50-2.00 then once it started we had a charity event for the childrens hospital and the fur buyer gave us 8.00 average and all the coons were not primed and under 21.7 lbs then i guy up north sold some hides and got 20 for 25-30 lb range 25 30-35lb range and 30 or more for above 35 lb so idk what to believe any more i guess we just have to wait for the first nafa sale
Old 12-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Are you guys serious? i heard fur buyin might be dead for good. I do some work for a tree farm here in indiana an they trap heavily an said they dont see it comin back. coons are literally worthless an you cant even give a yote away. I hate to say it but i dont see trappin for profit lasting much longer if this keeps up.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

my friend got ten bucks for a coon this year thats a nice price and that one was snared !
Old 12-10-2009, 06:16 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Not even buying them here in SD this year. Wouldn't take them last year either.