Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air shotgun give me your thoughts

Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Spike

Default Air shotgun give me your thoughts

Could someone tell me would this be a good gun to get for squirrel and rabbit and to do some small bird hunting?

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-1756.html
Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the same price you can buy a very nice rimfire rifle or shotgun. But, if you have to have an air-rifle, it would be great. IMO, I would buy a cheaper one
Old 11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by nick_bleuer76
For the same price you can buy a very nice rimfire rifle or shotgun. But, if you have to have an air-rifle, it would be great. IMO, I would buy a cheaper one
yeah i have to hunt with an air rifle cuz the guys land i hunt on doesnt want me to use shotguns or .22s or anything and plus my parents dont want me having a gun yet cuz this is my first year of hunting
Old 11-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Stay away from gamo. Just search online to understand why, don't take my word for it. Listen to the thousands who are unhappy. And no not a good idea to try for small game with their air shotgun, not enough power unless you can get very close.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a pellet rifle. Air shotguns are a joke, no matter who makes them. Air guns just don't have that much energy anyway, let alone when you spread it out all over the place between a bunch of shot.

Get a 1000+ fps air rifle and a decent little air rifle (or rimfire) scope, and start shooting. The single pump models will give you a lot more energy than the 10 pump models, but (don't tell my mom) one thing I liked about my 10 pump jobs when I was a kid was that I could only pump it ONE TIME and set up green army men in my bedroom and "work on my shooting skills" playing marine sniper... (that reminds me.... where do you buy green army men these days? haha)

Also, stay away from that "air ram" crap that gamo is pushing these days. If it really worked, yeah, it'd be great, but the durability and reliability on those tubes is terrible right now. It's cheaper for them to make, and it's a new selling point, but it's kinda like airbags, it sounds good, but it isn't really any better.