Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Went on my first squirrel hunt.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Went on my first squirrel hunt.

Well, i decided to go out earlier and to my surprise it's alot more fun than expected. I hadnt been in the woods for maybe 2 minutes and came upon my first squirrel. He was about 10 yds away and he took off up a oak tree and i didnt want to shoot almost straight up, so i let him go. I saw maybe another 10 or so squirrels all were about 30-60 yds out. I took 2 shots and missed both :/ Im gonna go practice on some golf balls tomorrow and then head back out after that. Im determined to get one on the ground tomorrow. I will have some pictures as well.

My gun by the way is a Marlin .22 LR and i might use a 12 gauge tomorrow
Old 10-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

It's so very exciting isn't it?!

I just started squirrel hunting and every time I see one, I get excited but I haven't seen near as many as you have in all the time I've been out! It's like they're extinct around here!

I did however shoot my first one with a 20 guage a couple weeks ago. I've been packin a Marlin 22 LR for the past week now. I hit a fox squirrel the other day but lost him.

What can I say, I'm addicted.

Good Luck and practice shooting!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

it is addicting. im looking forward to tomorrows hunt.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Wait til you're trying to deer hunt! There will be squirrels everywhere!