Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

its a sad day for all hunters

Old 10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Spike

Default its a sad day for all hunters

Over the weekend i was out yote hunting and i seen the saddest sight i have ever seen this guy pulls up in a land rover opens up the back and pulls a shooting bench from the back of his suv drags it out a couple hundred yards pulls out his high priced rifle, scope and range finder then walk back to his truck and breaks out this laptop with amplified speak and starts call blasting for yotes. is it me or does this picture kind of make hunting look bad. is this even hunting with all this stuff is it really hunting or just killing where is the sport in it
Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Spike

I think it the way it's going. From fishing with fish finders to using bottled sent to using duck decoys, electronic game callers, dogs, camo, high powered riffles, game feeders.... the list goes on and on. If it gains an advantage folks will use it.
It all comes down to the individual that uses it and how he\she wants to experience it. Give the advantage to the predator or the prey and knowing that the less "stuff" used in the experience, the more skilled you were or are.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

He won't kill many, if any, doing it like that. BUT, at least in his mind he was out "gettin'er done". To each his own. Some use hand calls only, some use single shot rifles, some use AR's. As long as it's legal and the guy is enjoying himself, he can have at it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Spike

You mean there was not someone online at another location that would actually pull the trigger? They can do that now, you know.
I believe electronic calling is illegal in Michigan.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking at the products already sold

it looks like the country club hunters, or a variation thereof, are taking over outdoor sports.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Spike

While it isn't the way I would like to hunt, it is for some people. We must remember that years ago using a scope was considered an unfair advantage, and before that repeating guns were. We can look at the positive of this and think that there could be more people hunting because of these gadgets and gizmos, and the more hunters there are the better for all of us.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
ekl
Spike

Give me a break. You had some sort of caller with you Im sure. I cant stand how people come on here and knock other people for how they hunt. I think the real problem here is that he had a land rover, high priced rifle, and he knew how to use a laptop
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fortheloveofit
Over the weekend i was out yote hunting and i seen the saddest sight i have ever seen this guy pulls up in a land rover opens up the back and pulls a shooting bench from the back of his suv drags it out a couple hundred yards pulls out his high priced rifle, scope and range finder then walk back to his truck and breaks out this laptop with amplified speak and starts call blasting for yotes. is it me or does this picture kind of make hunting look bad. is this even hunting with all this stuff is it really hunting or just killing where is the sport in it
my personal view on any hunting you need two things gun/bow and stealth thats all you need anything else is just extra junk that isnt needed..
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see what the big deal is...
The pulled up in a range rover? Plenty of people use chevy or ford or four wheelers

The guy had a "high dollar" fancy rifle - unless you saw the make and model of that your just assuming and unless you're using a recurve or long bow there's really no room to talk there. Plenty of people use ARs and no one says anything

I could go on about how your complaining just seems pointless and idiotic to me but that would just be pointless and a waste of my time and I've wasted enough on reading and responding to this post. Maybe an admin will erase it.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Spike

I don't see what the problem is either, I use electronic calls to call in coyotes and crows all the time. We used to do it in PA when I lived there, they are a nuisance, there are more coyotes than deer. And what deer there are, are being killed by them, I went out scouting one night with my dad and when we came back during the day hours, there were three sets of coyote prints that had followed us the whole time (there was snow on the ground).

Just because he didn't drive a busted chevy and shoot a gun his gran pappy owned at one time doesn't mean hes not a hunter. As long as he is being ethical then he is alright by me.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 10-18-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.