Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Idaho Wolf Hunt

Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 AM
JSH
Spike

Our own Robert Millage,has killed the first one.He used to post his blog here.I read about in online this morning on line in the Spokane newspaper.
Let's hope they don't shut down the season.Having a population in Idaho that is 10 times what the original minimum required population was intended to be is absurd.I hunt unguided in Idaho every year unguided,and I predictably see wolves every year and hear them howling all the time.There numbers need to be managed,it has gotten way to out of balance.

JSH formerly tsoc
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

After looking at the Idaho Fish and Game Wolf Management Plan, I see now the reason for the hunting. The wolf population is alot higher than I had expected to see. I know this is not unlawful slaughtering, and I agree that a large population needs to be kept in line. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by JSH
Our own Robert Millage,has killed the first one.He used to post his blog here.I read about in online this morning on line in the Spokane newspaper.
Congrats to Robert. I miss seeing his posts and pictures here.

Millagerobert- the real deal

If anyone knows him tell him to come back with the story and pictures.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-02-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

For those who think that there was no wolves in Yellowstone or in Idaho before the "re-introduction", have spent little time in the wild surrounding the area. The wolves introduced are not the native wolves, but purchased at great expense, at a time when we were paying a bounty on them in Alaska. Do a search on "the Danskin wolf", killed in Idaho a couple of years ago and see what kind of an animal we are dealing with.
It does make a difference as to how wolves are seen relative to where one lives. Those great outdoorsmen, who go to the city park at least twice a year for a picnic. Who love watching the park squirrels and feeding the pigeons see things more clearly than the fellow who finds his 500# calves, that mean the difference between paying the bill and going broke standing humped- backed with their guts dragging on the ground because the wolves only kill out of hunger. RIGHT.
Take care of your own back yard and let us take care of ours.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Snooky
For those who think that there was no wolves in Yellowstone or in Idaho before the "re-introduction", have spent little time in the wild surrounding the area. The wolves introduced are not the native wolves, but purchased at great expense, at a time when we were paying a bounty on them in Alaska. Do a search on "the Danskin wolf", killed in Idaho a couple of years ago and see what kind of an animal we are dealing with.
It does make a difference as to how wolves are seen relative to where one lives. Those great outdoorsmen, who go to the city park at least twice a year for a picnic. Who love watching the park squirrels and feeding the pigeons see things more clearly than the fellow who finds his 500# calves, that mean the difference between paying the bill and going broke standing humped- backed with their guts dragging on the ground because the wolves only kill out of hunger. RIGHT.
Rgr that !!

Hope the controlled hunt is enough how many are they going to let you guys kill ?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

Last week in Dillion, Montana 120 sheep were slaughtered in one day by a wolf pack. I think it is absurd that folks say they only kill what they can eat, it is well documented that these wolves kill for pleasure. google "dillion, MT sheep kill" and read all about it.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Snooky
You said it! Folks who don't live here will never understand what is happening here!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BigBuck95
I did not know that there was a wolf hunt in the state of Idaho this year. Personally, I disagree with wolf hunting. Isn't that how we got rid of them? WOLVES ARE GOOD!!! They keep the grazing animal populations like elk under control. Plus, one of the things that elk eat are aspen tree shoots when the plant is young. Since the introduction of wolves in Yellowstones Lamar valley, the aspen population has been reborn. Wolves equal a more healthy and more clean ecological environment. What wolves have done for Yellowstone, they will undoubtedly do for Idaho.

If you think the wolves are so good and doing such a good job the federal goverment should take some from wyoming,idaho and montana and relocate them to central park i am sure at one time they lived there also!

Last edited by chriswy1; 09-02-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

From the museum of animal perspectives (search it it's real)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/museumo...es/3359797700/
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

this is a heated subject where ever "tree huggers" and hunters meet ..if the hunting season is open by all means fill your tags ..the 10th. of september i am going caribou hunting in northern QUEBEC [caniapiscau] for 7 days ..we see some wolves up there and don't shoot them because there a thousands of caribou and yes they clean up the overgrown herd ...BUTTTTTTTTTT where i moose and deer hunt any wolfe that crosses my trail is going DOWN ..period...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.