Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

.22 Hornet

Old 09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Spike

Default .22 Hornet

I just got a single shot .22 Hornet that I plan to use mostly for woodchuck and crow hunting. Has anyone else have experience with this cartridge? From what I've read so far it seems to be a nice little round, but I would love to hear some first hand experiences. Also, is it powerful enough for coyote?
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Spike

I got a buddy of mine who hunts in thick brush and kills deer with it out to about fifty yards he says he handloads it though with partitions and steps it up to the max loading, and it should do a number on coyotes as long as your range aint too far I would imagine
Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Inactive

I use a .22 K Hornet for varmints at short range ( 150 YDS ). It's a great round, reasonably quiet and if you handload it can be deadly accurate. I shoot a BSA Martini mounted with a Leupold 1.5 to 5X sscope. I use it mainly for groundhogs, for and beaver. Once you get to know that little round, I think you will love it.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Go to the Hog Forum and see the pictures that Zrexpilot has posted of the hogs he has killed with a .22 Hornet.....

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 09-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.