Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Marlin 60?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Marlin 60?

Does anyone have any experience with this gun? Pros or cons? I've found one that I can get a really good deal on. I'll be using this primarily for squirrel hunting.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard some guys that love them and say they are the best .22 ever made. Then there are others that I've talked to that said they seem to do great for a while but later on down the road seem to have feeding issues that are really hard to work out. From everything I've read out of the box they are accurate guns that shoot pretty good. Better than most stock Ruger 10/22's. However the Ruger 10/22's have a ton more aftermarket parts out there for them and are great guns. The 10/22 would be my choice but I'd take a Marlin 60 if I got a good deal on it.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

ive got one and it shoots great...its shot great for the whoel 3 years ive had it
Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Default Marlin 60?

Originally Posted by Double Drops 24
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? Pros or cons? I've found one that I can get a really good deal on. I'll be using this primarily for squirrel hunting.
They are a Great gun.
I have shot 1000's of squirrels with one.
Ask if you can shoot it before you buy it.
If it shoots OK then go for it.

You can always have a gunsmith do a good cleaning to it.
That usely is all it takes to get one going.

Good Luck