Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east............. >

Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Old 10-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Ok.. If we take into acount that less than 200 years ago there were mt. lions as far east as kentucky so therefore the habbit was there and maybe in some parts of the eastern us it still is there and take into account that there are a large number of stupid people who don't understand what these animals are when they adopt them as kittens and then a few years later have to get rid off them and maybe toss them out on a lone highway some where it is therefore logical to say there is or could be ISOLATED cases of big cats in the united states. More than likely, the reason that Michigan is not indicating a population, and this is just my opinion, is that there probably isn't any evidence of a Breeding population. So my opinion is that there may be isolated cases of a big cat but more than likely no breeding population.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
In a past post you claimed the fish and game came out and got it.Are you now claiming it was black?If so,there's no such thing as a black mountain lion so most likely hit a black lab.
i never said anything about it being black... he said it was a tan color

Last edited by reds10ss; 10-07-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: add more
Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
In a past post you claimed the fish and game came out and got it.Are you now claiming it was black?If so,there's no such thing as a black mountain lion so most likely hit a black lab.
i never mentioned it being black cause it wasnt?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

the guys i hunt with and myself have seen them in here in arkansas, I saw one for sure and another im 99% sure about
Old 10-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by reds10ss
i never mentioned it being black cause it wasnt?
I didn't say you said it was black.I asked if that's what you were saying.In any event,you did claim that the fish and game came and got it.Your cousins are yankin your chain.There is no proof what so ever of mountain lions in Pa,WV,oHIO OR NY.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are definitely moving East.

20 years ago people thought it was a joke that there could be panthers in Iowa. Their presence has now been documented for over a decade. Think that the same is true for Missouri

10 years ago they thought it was a joke that panthers could be in Illinois. Over the last 7 years, three have been killed there.

A while back there was a panther killed in Oklahoma that was traced to the Black Hills as its place of origin.

So, we have animals that are shifting eastward and can cover several hundered miles. Do the math.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it's possible that they could eventually come this far but as of right now,no verifiable proof has been found in any of the state's I've mentioned.This is odd considering the thousands of reported sighting each year.People simple see what they want to see and have no idea what they're looking at.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

That was pretty much the case in Illinois too, right up until the day someone dragged a dead one into the DNR
Old 10-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
That was pretty much the case in Illinois too, right up until the day someone dragged a dead one into the DNR
When someone comes up with a dead cougar,verifiable kills,verifiable pictures,verifiable tracks or any other evidence that's concrete proof,we can say a cougar was in Pa.Unfortunately,none of that has happened.All we have are phony made up stories and pictures of bobcats and housecats.With the 100's of sightings every year in this state alone,you'd think a tiny shred of evidence would show up.It hasn't.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like I already said Doug, I don't recall there being a shred of positive proof of panthers in Illinois until the day they found one dead with an arrow in it. They simply went from no positive proof to positive proof in the space of a day. I'm not saying there are panthers in PA or anywhere east of Illinois. I'm just saying that they are far ranging animals that have been documented as moving eastward over the last twenty years. So, it is kind of silly to assume that they would come to a screeching halt at the Indiana line, and I am always interested in hearing stories about evidence of them moving further East.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Mt. Lions in the east.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.