Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

need alittle help with a Cat

Old 03-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Default need alittle help with a Cat

Hey ya"ll I live in TN. And I know what all of you are going think I am crazy when I start telling this and if I would hae not have seen him I would be rite thare with you. But 2 day ago I was driveing home and I happon to look over in a hay field I see something sitting on a round bale thare on the side of the feild. Well I slowed down and got to looking it And man it was a Big Cat. Looked like a couger or what ever you want to call it. It was darl brown with a litte brown belly and a black spot on the end of his tail. Well I mean I did not get a Pic of him did not have my gun in the truck with me or any thing. well I when to the country store here close to my house and just asked if anyone had see anything like that and it was durring lunch so most of the farmers ware thare. and 8 of the say thay have seen this cat or Cat's more that once and thay have called the state and well thay say thay are full of **** that thare are no large cat's like that in the state. OK here is what I need to know!! has anyone ever hunter ML or couger. And if so how would be a good way of going about this? By killing this thing this is going to be the only way to so the state hey see we are not Lieing here! so anyone have any ideas and I can now hunt this cat on all 8 farmers Land. So ware do I need to start?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need alittle help with a Cat

ummm i really dont know .................. but i belive you i saw one bocat this year wheni went to camp just last week and last year i saw at my camp also so i belive you my way of hunting them is just wait for them mabey bait them in if your allowed and wait there like coyote hunting you can also buy some bobcat calls other than that i really dont know
Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM

well man thanks and I have been thinking of baiting this thing. But man this is Know BOBCAT I have shot 1 or 2 Bobcat's and have seen a few more than that. Man this thing looked like a Mountain Lion. And the reson I say that is that when he stood up on that hay I could see that he or it! had a tail that was about half as long as his body.I have never seen any thing like it in this part of the country! This cat was BIG! the dang thing stood about 3foot tall and and his body looked to be about 4 foot or so and then the tail and I know how bug the Hay bales are. Thay are 5x5 bales and I was trying to size him up and see how big he was by useing the hay bale. Like I was saying Folks are going to say I am crazy But I know what I saw and it was not a bobcat. But By talking to some old timers around here 30 or 40 years ago thare was not any Coyote's around here thay did not move in here until the state restocked the state in deer I mean I have got to reading some on here and Folks have killed a Mountain lion in (Ak) maybe thay are moveing east I dont know But haha I hope I am the lucky one that kills it
Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

That is not so strange. My mom has one living on the farm near her house. I have seen pics of the thing. It is definatly not a bobcat or a house cat. It's huge. She lives north of you in KY. I don't think you are crazy. Make sure you're not violating some laws by killing the thing. You never know what law might be on the books. Check your hunting regulations as well. Good luck, Chip
Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I say get an electronic caller with rabbit distress and house cat distress and see what happens. and also if you have a trail cam throw something dead in front of it in that field. We have a few bobcats i see almost every season in the same area. So i dont think cats move alot area wise.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Spike

Better make sure whatever you do is legal.