Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Damn Cats!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Default RE: Damn Cats!

if you just want them dead, some people i know have had good luck mixing a bowl of cream with about 15 crushed up asprin, of mixing antifreeze and tuna. not as fun as shooting them but it works. you should see them jump when they get thumped with a rage 2 broad head. if you bait the live traps with the tuna mix, you dont have to shoot them and or worry about them dying in your barn or under your deck.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 PM

just killed me one tonight
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I used to have about 40 or so cats in my yard at night.
Untile a neghbor let their dog run loose.
They never fed it, I gues he was supplamenting by eating all the cats, LoL
It could have been the coyote I saw a few miles down the road.
There all gone, except 1 or 2.

Get a hungery dog.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

A .22 will definately do it. i have dropped 2 in the past month with a .22lr with winchester super x hollow points.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 PM

I have a old BSA 22 cal pellet rifle its nice and quiet for here in town but if i see ole pusyykitty out in the field he's lible to have anything from a .17 hrm to 45-70 thrown in its direction.read a while back they kill more than a million songbirds a yr here in Missouri. time to do some serious thinning. I come home at night and theres prob 20 cats in 2 bloc area all out in the street . got 5 live traps baited in the back a the truck tonight little tuna juice down the drive way for a trailing scent they dont want to bring out the trapper in me LOL But it did seam like season closed to soon this yr. RayA
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 AM

When I was a kid, we killed feral cats with a 12gauge and #6 shot. Never had a lot of luck using a 22LR on cats, had to shoot many of them twice. They're tougher than they look.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

ORIGINAL: dyeclan

Big pile of meow mix and a 12 ga. Follow up with bucket and shovel.
Are you hitting them with a shovel, or burying them???
Depends on whether the 12ga did its job or not!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Heck,im in Tn i'd be happy to come over and help you thin the population.I got a 22-250 that ain't be bloodied yet.Or a 17hmr or we could take the Colt AR out!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Spike

I hate cats they are the #1 killer of birds and small animals in the united state. kill them all..... I have hunted in many states and found that every state has an over population of cats people let them out at night and they dont come home???? opps hit another with the truck?? OPPS any cat without a collar and more than 100yrds away from a building the 22mag gets sited in a little better. I like to carry a shovel just in case... Like the way that most of you think
Old 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

ya try to get them out as soon as possible

Quick Reply: Damn Cats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.