Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Red dot scope for pellet rifle

Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Red dot scope for pellet rifle

I'm thinking about purchasing a red dot sight for my pellet rifle. Any suggestions or success with these would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: Red dot scope for pellet rifle

I had about a 25$ one about 5 or 6 years ago, I only used it for a month or two. I didn't really find an advantage of it over the iron sights. It's supposed to make it easier to shoulder and aim the weapon more quickly, which it did, but if you're decent with iron sights it's not really that advantageous. What would you use it for? You might be better off just getting an air rifle scope, or sticking with iron sights.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

its pretty hard to keep a airgun sighted in because the rocoil shake the scope alot after about 1000 shots out of it the scope moved down a bout an inch but if you can ur gun might work if u have the right mounts and stuff i think i have the wrong kind of mounts ill look it to it to buy a nother scope
Old 01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I never liked red dot scopes much. I had one on my crossbow for a while, and it was nice at the time, but I kept thinking the battery would die on me half way through the hunt.

You might try checking out some of the scopes at "Pyramyd Air". Stay away from Gamo scopes though, they're made by BSA.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I put a red dot scope on my crosman storm XT 1000 FPS air rifle. it worked great. it was easy to sight in and was pretty accurate. I mainly had it on there because i do a lot of night hunting.