Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote carcasses

Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coyote carcasses

Whatsup guys, I know this doesn't belong here, but it's the only place I post.

Feel free to move it soon, I just wanted to get a few quick responses:

Went out for the late season doe hunt and killed 2 coyotes. Just skinned them out and was wondering- what's the chance I could take the carcasses out and hunt over them? Is this legal in Illinois?Been coyote hunting with calls and what not but haven't had any luck.

Would the coyotes come in to the carcasses?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote carcasses

Yep it's leagal to hunt over bait in Illinois, yotes will eat anything, but they may have tendancey to steer clear of a dead coyote. If you skinned them it may be OK.

Just be carfull, in the book it says, only legal to kill dogs with slugs the first two seasons. Why? who knows, but was just talking to a cop about it today.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

I have several trail cam pictures of coyotes eating carcasses of coyotes skinned and unskinned,possums and coons and even a fox have come to the carcasses at night.Good Luck!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: yodeldog3

Yep it's leagal to hunt over bait in Illinois, yotes will eat anything, but they may have tendancey to steer clear of a dead coyote. If you skinned them it may be OK.

Just be carfull, in the book it says, only legal to kill dogs with slugs the first two seasons. Why? who knows, but was just talking to a cop about it today.
Really?!?!? That's quite the surprise! I had no idea! Thanks for the info though.I had no idea that you couldn't kill them during the late season. I wonder what the difference is??

Yep the yotes have been skinned. I guess I might try it. Couldn't hurt I suppose.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: coyote#68

I have several trail cam pictures of coyotes eating carcasses of coyotes skinned and unskinned,possums and coons and even a fox have come to the carcasses at night.Good Luck!!
Thanks! I hope mine are as hungry as yours!