Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Help Needed

Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help Needed

i went out saturday after 4 inches of fresh snow the night before. i had snow camo scent spray,my edge expidite coyote decoy.i let everything settle down before i started calling. i started out with a howl a few times nothing. went to a despirate cottontail nothing. i knew the areas had coyotes because i saw them duting deer season. hat am i doing wrond??? any suggestions or tips would be awesome!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help Needed

thats wat happend to me today but i think u should start out with the disstress call i think but i did call in a gray fox but i couldnet shoot ti it ran through a bunch of brushand it was gone
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

i'm getting frustrated but i may just need experiance or what

Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont call them but I know guys that do.Coyotes run a pretty good size area, coulda been they just werent there the same time you were, call might not of interested them, they been hunted before and are shy of calls or any of another 100 things that could go wrong.How long did you stay there once you started calling?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

i stated at each stand 30 minutes at least.any tips? seems like the dvd's make it look so easy. maybe i'm to hard on myslef?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Don't let the DVDs fool you. It is harder than it appears.

Not sure where you are from, but being in the right place at the right time means everything.

Keep trying. Call from a different location, even if it is pretty close to where you just called from. If they are in the area and you didn't scare them away, they will show up.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Im very new at this too. I went over a month of hunting pretty hard (not as hard as some of these guys) but as much as I had time to go. and finally this past week I had some luck. I called in three coyotes that day and took two of them.It was frustrating but ya just gotta keep at it. like 40 said right place right time is everything. that was my luckky day I did two sets called for a total of fifteen minutes and had them charging each time. Ha ha but I havent seen one since.keep at it
Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

sit the same area's try new one?the one timber that we deer hunt is 500 acres maybe more. has timber and also crp ground(haven't) tried that place yet what do you guys think? should i do the whole map thing??
Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Are you sure you are scent free? Are you facing downwind or have a crosswind?? Like its been said already, could be alot of different things as to why you arent seeing anything yet. I would definetly set up on the edge of the CRP field with a cross wind if possible and give yourself a better opportunity to see if they are coming from a greater distance. It seems like you are hunting in the woods from what you described in your last post. That can make it difficult to see them coming in until they are right on top of you, but if you are making movement, they could be spotting you first and turning away. Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

i usually try and sit near the open fileds to see and get good shots. i'll keep trying and do my best. thanks for info. please keep help coming

Quick Reply: Help Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.