Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Foxpro Jack in the box

Old 12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Foxpro Jack in the box

I have a Foxpro Jack in the box . I am going into my night hunting season. The decoy has a built in white LED light to light up the decoy topper. I was wndering , I have some red LED's and could put a few to light the topper up more then the white stock single LED. Is this a good idea, or is the one white LED plenty for night yote hunting?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Foxpro Jack in the box

I would guess you really shouldn't need a light at all. Coyotes don't wander around with a flashlight looking for food do they? Or does a wounded rabbit light up?Coyote nocturnal vision Is just fine without any light. I wouldn't worry about it. Just my .02$
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

controling your scent will be more important than a light on your decoy,adding rabbit scent to your set up or raccoon or fox urine will help you,dogs and cats both have good low light vision if you got your decoy near the sound they will spot it and the jack in the box will probably be hooked to your call so you can use the aux button on your remote.Good Luck!!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

A buddy of mine has one of those decoys, I don't think it works any better than my coyote tail on half a fishing pole. Although anything to keep their focus of you is a good thing.