Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad? >

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

If a Coyotes a problem and kills a lamb you shoot it
If a Dogs a problem and Kills a lamb you shoot it.
But I would let it walk anyway
Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Spike

IN KANSAS IT IS A FELONY TO SHOOT A PERSONS PET!!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW IT IS A PET.....
Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 AM

Alot of bad advice on here. You don't kill a dog because it interupted your hunt. What did the dog look like? Was it all matted and filthy looking? You can usually tell what a feral dog looks like. Most the time they run in packs like yotes and wolves. I think you killed it out of anger. How do you know it was this dog? Kinda strange that if people seen that dog chasing cattle or lambs that they would just ignore it and the ranchers let it go. The ranchers didn't kill it? Very strange.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbucks98

Many people on here will think im a bad person for what i did this morning and im not quite sure im that good of one after i made the decision either...but there was good conditions this morning so i figures id get up grab the bow and head out. Well i got there and wasnt in the stand 15 or 20 minutes and i saw 2 does and a good sized 9 point with them and made the decision that i was goin to harvest him. Well he got to about 15 yards and stopped facin me? Looked beack and then halled balls out of the woods. I didnt know what happened...and then i heard more foot prints and though here comes MR. BIG. So i got setup and turns out it was a great big st. bernard looks just like cujo. And the neighbors have had trouble with that dog and 6 others in the past few weeks. i whistled he stopped and i drilled him.Well i thought i had done a good deed beacuse weve seen these dogs runnin cattle and they killed one of my neighbors lambs. But then i started to doubt myself???? What do you guys think???
Wow. I didn't know anyone would kill a dog just because it messed up their hunt... Especially one that looks like a domestic pet dog! [:@]

A few weeks ago a little white dog came running down a deer trail that I was hunting... I didn't shoot him...
Old 12-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Strays that kill livestock areusually legal to shoot when caught in the act. Your scenario is probably not a legal shoot.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KSPOLICEMAN

IN KANSAS IT IS A FELONY TO SHOOT A PERSONS PET!!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW IT IS A PET.....
NO COLLAR = NO PET.

If it wears a collar it gets a pass. If it wears a collar and chases deer it gets one pass and I check witht he locals to find the owner and have a kind word with him. No collar I consider it a coyotes and let'r rip.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 AM

lot of varibles thatcould makethequestion a tough one to answer but the details you provide show me anyway that you made the correct decision.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Spike

But then i started to doubt myself???? What do you guys think???
This is the only problem with your initial post......If you ever doubt something that you do, then you didnt think it through, and you know deep down that you made a mistake......either way your gonna have to live with it......
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mistake. I agree with KSPOLICEMAN

In most cases, the dogs you might encounter while hunting 99% of the time are someones pet. Feral dogs...LOL. Gimme a break. Like anyone'swoods are loaded with Feral dogs.
Yes, there might be a right time and place to take a dog out, but not because they spolied your hunt. I live out in the country...my dogs run on my land, and occassionally stray onto others properties. Not often, but it happens...they are dogs. One time 2yrs ago...my black lab lost his collar AND strayed to a neighbors house about a mile away, during deer season. Shoot my dog because it doesn't have a collar....oh yeah, it must be feral. Luckily, the folks around here are decent...someone grabbed him up, and put up a sign at the church down the road. My neighbors dogs do the same...no way I am shooting ANY dog. If you have a problem with dogs, find out who they belong to and work it out. 99% of the time you can.

I just pray that dog wasn't some little kids best friend.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Well i talked to my neighbors and the cattle/sheep farmer and his son confirmed that its one of the strays. The farmers son said he shot at the same dog cause he was in the turkey barn and killed 13 turkeys. But missed. So i hope that it was the right decision.

you did a good thing...

now on to more serious issues... are you getting it mounted?

kidding

Quick Reply: Killed CUJO this morning! Good or Bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.