Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Big Yote Down (my first)

Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Big Yote Down (my first)

tried the yote thing last season. i did manage to call a few in but they always busted me long before i could get a shot. actually have quite a few in my area so bagging a few has recently been in my mind but again i figured after deer season. this past friday i had the opportunity to sit in a new spot and like it.just before sundown heard something moving to me left and saw a big one.i was there to hunt deer but when i laid my eyes upon this guy icouldn't help but take him. my first yote!! .

Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Big Yote Down (my first)

real thick yote. weighed in @ 58lbs. he will make a very nice wall mount rug

Old 12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

your one coyote weighs about what two average coyotes weigh out here. Nice one!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 PM

thanks, my daugher (5) was pumped about it. she "told" me i "could" hunt yotes and bear but to leave the deer alone.[:@] oneday she'll figure outthat im not actuallybear huntingas thereare no bears in this part of massachusetts

Old 12-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Well howler, I don't know where bassman killed that dog, but we have big dogs in Illinois. For every 50lb dog in Illinois, you guys out west have 5 25lb. dogs. Not that there is anything wrong with that[:-]
Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM

must be the corn. (news to me) but i've been told yotes will eat anything. meat when it comes along and veggies if available. this guy was around corn all the time (& it shows)
Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice what ya hit it with?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 PM

You should have your scales checked. That is not a 60lb yote. Maybe close to 35 to40,and dif not a58. It might be filled with food also from just eating before you shot it,But that is not a true 50+ animal.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:23 AM

not my scale. its the scale of the weigh in station (certified deer check in station) if my yote is 30ish lbs as you say, that station must be weighing in some 400ish lb deer .

don't want to make a big deal about this as its a coyote and not like a record deer or fish but i was told on another site by some guys they too thought it was in the 30ish range. i was doubting my own strength cause he felt hefty to me.i purposely brough him to a weigh station so iwould know before i had him skinned. ill enclose one more pic.(blurry pic[&o]) im 200lbs, the yote is right next to me. im pretty certain that 4 of these dogs would weight more than me.

lab, i hit him with my 12 guage about 30 yards from up in my treestand

Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Huge Dog... Nice.... Very Nice... That suckers mom was a St. Benard...

Mike
www.purepredator.com
Pure Predator Custom Calls

Quick Reply: Big Yote Down (my first)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.