Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

jackalope

Old 11-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default jackalope

are jackalopes real
Old 11-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: jackalope

No. Do a search on wikipedia and you can learn more about them.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes! they were discoverd in Wyoming
Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Spike

I had a buddy said he shot a couple east of town here in Las Cruces, NM said it was great eating. From what I understand the Spaniards hunted them and the Chupacabra just about to extinction. They are pretty rare nowadays, but if you can find one the ground up horn will give you eternal life. Becareful though if too many people find out you got one they will all want some of the horn.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

only if you beleive.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

they are santas pets.... the easter bunny and tooth fairy occasionally come to pet them too...sorry for the sarcasm, no they aren't real. Just a nice idea for a mount.
-Jake
Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 PM

For all of you to drop your jaw in awe I will see if I can find some pictures. Here 5 or 6 years ago some of my friends were plinking cottontail rabbits in a tree belt.They were picking them up and discovered one of them to have a sort of horn growing fromits head. Its hard to describe but it was about a inch long and dark brown. Word quickly spread and I think there were a total of 4 of these shot. A good friend of mine has one mounted. It won him a set of nerf bars and a bed liner at dakotafest in Mitchell, SD here a few years ago. On the live radio broadcast I belive it was Dougs Custom Paint and Body jokeingly said if anyone brings in a true jackalope that they would give them a set of nerf bars installed and then they laughed and said they would throw in a spray in bed liner also. I bet they never imagined eating thier own words.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Spike

NO
Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

dinger, look at the link that I am going to post. Those rabbits weren't jackalopes, they simply had a disease that caused "horn like growth some where on the rabbits head."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope
Old 11-27-2008, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had one of my friends in SD believing they were real for almost a year before he found out. You have to go to Douglas, Wyoming to find the really big ones!

Quick Reply: jackalope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.