Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

08-09 predator score sheet

Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08-09 predator score sheet

Hey Andrew, I read your piece in the latest px magizine. I don't use the FoxPro much, BUT I may have to give your sounds chance next season. None of those three sounds have ever been used much by me. It'll be interesting to see if they work well in my neck of the woods.

Ladies and Gents, Jrbhunter has already responded back to my PM and has declined to accept the Phantom Pro-series caller and has instead chosen the Verminator dvd and calls package. SO stand by, I'll get the names in a hat and draw very soon for the random winner of the caller.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

And the winner is.................................yodeldog3...... ...........
Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So that's it guys and gals. Another fun and successful predator calling season in the books. I know some of you are still going, and why not keep posting pictures right here. I may or may not get out again this month, I'd like to get my new AR sighted in and even in on some action yet. Jrb will be proud of me since I stepped up to the .243 wssm.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry for the delay TR, had another bad spell with fever and diziness! There are times I can't get the energy and balance to make it frommy bed to the office chair for 2 or 3 hours. This is a miserable way to live I know that!

Thanks to those who provided prizes, and I'm glad to see Yodeldog3 ended up with the caller! Thanks again for keeping track of this whole thing too. Funny you picked up a WSSM, cuz I'm looking for a small-caliber upper right now myself. Always nice to diversify! LOL!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:48 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

howler,

Before that night with Mike Dillon, I NEVER used the baby cottontail - just did not care for the sound and had no confidence in it. Now, it's a right up on the list

Oh, and the DSG cottontail is legendary... my number ONE sound for sure
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I knew you'd see the light Jrb, on the little cal. upper!!In all honesty, my .204 will probably still be my go to gun!

I know what ya mean Andrew, we often tend to do whatWE feel confidence in, often leaving outother options that we just don't know about. That'sone of the reasons that I enjoy hunting with different guys in different parts of the country every time I get a chance, so that I can hearthe calls thatthey have confidence in. It broadens my thinking about the variety of sounds that will work, no matter the part of country that we're in.
I rarely ever use the cottontail sound on the FoxPro. Go figure!!

I NEED jonyreb TO PM ME FOR HIS SHIPPING INFO.....

Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

BHW - I also seen the article in the magazine, might have to give those sounds a try myself. I have yet to call in a coyote with my Fox Pro Scorpion, then again I've used it maybe once this year.

Howler - You getting a Dtech upper?

I might head out this afternoon yet an try to get another dog or two. We got 14" of snow on Wednesday night/Thursday, and its been COOOOOLD. It should be some good calling weather hopefully.. My only problem has been my diesel pickup had straight #2 in it, so its been gelled up since Friday.....I think I got it fixed last night, I really need to put up a heated shop this summer.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Guys, itwas great to get to meet all of ya. This season has been one of the roughest seasons with the move and all. I cant wait till next year. The nice thing about the Predator Hunting Community is it seems like one big happy family... I had fun while I played and look forward to next year. The best part was the friends that I made from the experience... You guys were a hoot...

Jrb, Congrats... You da man...
Howler, top notch,
Rammer, If you will just leave them ducks and geese alone...
Daryl, You know were we stand.... If I ever wanted to pick up a "Fargo acsent" I know where Im going...
#40..... I dont know what to say... Your girlfriend still freaks me out...
Andrew, I still havent changed your tip... Its New Mexico right...LOL....

and to the guys I didnt mention, Thanks for everything...

The game should be real interesting next year...

MIke
Pure Predator Championship Calls
www.purepredator.com
Old 03-01-2009, 12:27 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

LOL, Mike! And, c'mon - No disrespect to anybody, but you have to change that!!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howler - You getting a Dtech upper?
I just recieved my 2nd a couple of weeks ago. My .204 is D-tech built, and I just got a .243 wssm. from him, just waiting on my scope now!!

Quick Reply: 08-09 predator score sheet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.