Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Oddball yote???

Old 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oddball yote???

Its a yote, maybe crossed with a husky but still fair game.. Coy dogs are real..
And as for ilyotehunter's comment..Here is a cam tracker picture for you taken on your property in Jersey co..

Old 07-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a yote, maybe crossed with a husky but still fair game..
Only one way to know that as fact, and that is with blood sample testing. Your guess is as good as anyone elses, but unless you've gotten blood testing done, yours is just a guess.
SO, if it's just a dog, is it still fair game?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I would hope, hope mind you, that if I seen it in the flesh, so to speak I could tell if it was a coyote or a cross or a dog..I wouldnt shoot a dog..
Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

And in an instance, one of the 10 hunting commandments, can you be sure of your target before shooting. Any doubts, which I would have if I saw the critter in question,you should probably pass!
We get to look at this pic. over and over, and no matter how many times I look at it, I still don't see it as a coyote, although I have some doubt in my mind.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Thats the Amazing thing about this site, EVERYONE has a right to his or her Opinions..

Old 07-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

i knew there was unicorns lol. anyway dog or yote if it was on my property and didnt have a collar it would be done deal. i still think it is a yote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

that is def/ no yote from illinois. one look at the coat. no summer coyote has a coat like that(thick). second the ears on it are more like a husky. it might be a coydog though... maybe

coydogs are all over illinois. and the us for that matter. its just a dog that got bred by a yote. happens all the time. i work with the game wardens here in illinois and they tell me about weekly calls on them.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

looks like a husky
Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Huskey, or not, wild or not, I hunt on a farm in Illinois,A big farm for this area.The man told me, if it has a tail, and four legs,,, put a hole in it. So coydog mix, or a wild dog or some boneheads dog he lets run the whitetail, dead.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

I'm surprised at some of the responses here!

Looks like a cleancut coyote to me. Not only are their coats extra shiney in the summer- their bellies are more likely to be gourged full in route to a den where they'll regurgetate a large meal pups. The tail posturing leans more toward a coyote than a dog in my mind as well.

As for coydogs: they are possible but highly improbable. If you do a little research you will find just how hard it is for a coyote to cross with a domestic dog and bare healthy offspring. It probably does happen: but concrete evidence on the issue certainly lacks any consistancy.

Despite thousands of people throwing the term around everyday- probably only ahandful of true coydogssee their first birthdayeach year- nationwide. Black coyotes, White Deer and fish with 3 eyes are much,much more common in the wild than a true coydog.

Quick Reply: Oddball yote???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.